BALI National Landscape Awards 2016
Regeneration Scheme over £500K
Blakedown carried out extensive refurbishment works on this historic town park as part of an HLF restoration project.
Client: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
Duration: 12 months
The project was designed to restore some areas to their original historic condition as well as introducing new exciting features for the public park. The park remained open to the public throughout the works and careful co-ordination was required with the client and other stakeholders.
The works included:
- New granite paving, resin bound paving and extensive tar and chip surfacing along with new natural stone steps and slot drainage.
- New site entrances were created with entrance piers and new gates along with new fencing in several locations.
- Restoration work was completed to the Grottos and brick retaining walls.
- Extensive tree and shrub planting was carried out across the park.
- A clay bund was created to make a wetland area, including a timber boardwalk, viewing platforms, new concrete weirs and planting.
- New street furniture and signage was also installed around the park